Starting to feel that winter cold coming on? Our home remedy for immune boosting tea is just what the doctor (well, the acupuncturist!) ordered! It’s simple to make, tastes delicious, and boosts your immune system. Try it for yourself!
Immune Boost Tea
1/4 inch fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
Fresh lemon juice from a large wedge of lemon
1/4 teaspoon raw honey (we like local Bare Honey!)
Dash of cinnamon
- Simmer fresh ginger root in two cups of water for 10-20 minutes (the longer you cook it, the stronger the flavor).
- Remove from heat and strain out the ginger slices as you pour it into a mug.
- Squeeze the wedge of lemon juice into the mug.
- Stir in raw honey (make sure it is raw honey, pasteurized honey loses it’s antimicrobial properties).
- Add a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
Drink once a day to help prevent colds and flus and up to three times a day if you are already sick.