Healing InSight’s Senia Mae visited Rena on Kare11’s Saturday morning show to talk about cleanses.
What do cleanses help with?
- Feeling tired and lethargic
- Digestive issues
- Sugar and salt cravings
- Weight loss
- Seasonal allergies
- Food sensitivities
How do you prepare for a cleanse?
The changing of seasons is a great time to do a cleanse. Prepping for a cleanse will help ensure results, as well as make the process much smoother.
- Start weaning off caffeine a week in advance
- Prep lots of snacks for during the cleanse
- Drink lots and lots of water
How long is long enough?
We recommend 21 days. The first week is when you detoxify your organs, and the following two weeks are when you work to repair free radical damage to optimize your health.
You can do shorter cleanses, like 3 days or 7 days, but when people do shorter ones they revert back to their old eating habits quickly.
How do you feel when you do a cleanse?
The first two or three days you may feel tired or have a headache, but special cleanse supplements, like the type we prescribe at our clinic, can reduce those.
Midway through the cleanse most people start to feel fantastic.
By the end, everyone we’ve worked with has tons of energy and they want to keep eating healthy to feel good.
What types of foods and activities should you include?
A sampling of some of the foods that we recommend includes:
- Smoothies, 2-3 times a day. Add in protein powder and good fat.
- Load up on fruits and veggies – aim to have 2x more vegetables than fruit
- High protein lentils and quinoa along with good fats (olive oil, avocados
- During the first 10 days – NO meat.
- During the entirety of the cleanse – NO dairy, wheat, sugar, caffeine, nuts, eggs, and soy.
What can you do to make a cleanse go more smoothly?
- Supplements are key to avoiding headaches and making sure your body eliminates all the toxins it’s releasing.
- Light exercise and Epsom salt baths are also beneficial.
- Acupuncture is also an important piece of the cleansing puzzle. It is another natural way to detox the body and improve organ function.
For more information and Senia’s first experience with cleansing, read our blog post I’m Not a Big Fan of Cleansing, Here’s Why I Did One Anyway.
To find out if a cleanse is right for you, sign up for Cleanse Consultation with Senia.